The David Perlman Collection contains biographical materials, reports concerning fermentation and antibiotics, and teaching materials related to Dr. Perlman's tenure at the University of Wisconsin, where he served as Professor of Pharmacy and then Dean of the School of Pharmacy (1967-1980), after working for almost 20 years at the Squibb Institute for Medical research.
For additonal information, contact the ASM Archivist
A. Biographical and Bibliographical Materials
B. Papers. 6”
1. Miscellaneous correspondence, 1957-62; correspondence concerning proposed history of antibiotics program of Office of Production Research and Development during WWII, 1967
2. Speeches on the History of Antibiotics by DP and others, 1965-78. Includes transcript of session from 5th ICAAC, 1965
3. Third International Fermentation Symposium (1967), 1964-68
4. ASM Continuing Education Workshops (Fermentation), 1976-77
5. First International Congress, IAMS (1974), 1973-74
6. 15th and 30th Anniversary Symposium of the Institute of Microbial Chemistry and Journal of Antibiotics (1977), 1976-77
7. First (1976) and Third (1978) International Symposium on Genetics of Industrial Microorganisms, 1974-78
8. Correspondence among Perlman, Marlette Swenson (Wisconsin University-Industry Research Program) and William Chace (Manufacturing Chemists' Association) concerning proposed book, "Antibiotics," 1967-68; Chapters 3-7 of the book
C. University of Wisconsin Materials. 2.5’
1. Course Materials:
2. Fermentation Journal Club Reports, 1943-52
3. Research Reports:
D. GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCES (bound). 6"
E. INFORMATION BULLETIC, INTERNATIONAL CENTER OF INFORMATION ON ANTIBIOTICS, IN COLLABORATION WITH W.H.O.
F. REPRINTS OF DAVID PERLMAN. 1'
G. LANTERN SLIDES