Daily lockers are available to UMBC students, faculty, and staff for a 24 hour period. Daily locker keys are checked out at the Circulation Desk and are subject to the following conditions:
- Daily lockers are charged out for 24 hours. The loan cannot be renewed. Should a patron require another Daily locker, the original key must be returned and a different locker key to a different daily locker will be issued if available.
- When a Daily locker key is returned, all material must be removed from the locker.
- Materials kept in Daily lockers are the responsibility of the user. The library takes no responsibility for material lost, stolen, or damaged while stored in lockers.
- Library material properly charged out to a patron, if not overdue, may be kept in Daily lockers. No other library material may be kept in lockers.
- Library staff will have access to materials stored in Daily lockers and may remove material from them. If staff members do remove material, they will notify the patron to whom the Daily locker key is charged out.
- Daily locker keys are subject to late fees of $5 per day up to a maximum of $50 per key.
- Daily locker keys not returned within 30 days of the due date will be considered lost and the responsible patron will be assessed a Locker Key Replacement Fee of $20.