- Patrons are responsible for all equipment checked out to them.
- Patrons are responsible for ensuring that the laptop is in proper working order before leaving the library.
- Patrons are responsible for returning the laptop on time and for being aware of library hours and closing times. Your inability to afford the overdue fee or not being aware of posted library hours are not valid reasons to appeal a fine.
- Patrons are responsible for returning the laptop in the same condition in which it was received.
- If the laptop malfunctions, or if an application is not working, return the device to the library and inform the desk attendant of the problem.
Using the Laptop
- When laptops are turned off, they are returned to a default setting and any work done by the user is erased.
- The Library is not responsible for any files left on any laptop or for loss of or damage to a user's file during the loan period.
- The Library is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to, or from, a user's CD, DVD, or storage device.
- For help using laptops (both hardware and software), assistance is available at the Technology Support Desk located on the first floor of the Library.
Applications Available on Laptops
Dells & Macs are equipped with similar software as the public computers in the library.
Chromebooks are web-based applications only. To use Office, go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/
VMWare Horizon: Patrons may access software typically available in a lab on campus by using the VMware environment.