1. Select citations from search results list
2. Select Export from the tools menu on the right-hand side3. Save citation(s) to a file formated for: Direct export to EndNote Web. You will be prompted to login into EndNote Basic if you have not already done so
Note: This may vary slightly depending on the database vendor.
1. From the database, click on the item you wish to cite
2. Look for an Export/Save option, and select to export in .RIS format
3. Save the file
1. Login to EndNote Basic
2. Select Collect tab > Import References
3. Click Choose File to locate and highlight text file to import
4. Click Open
5. Choose import option RefMan RIS
6. Select either ‘[Unfiled]’ or ‘New Group’ in To drop-down menu
7. Click Import
8. Successful import = [x] references were imported into the "[Unfiled]" group
9. Click on My References tab to view imported citations
Have a question about EndNote Basic? Contact Katy Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-3604.