While it is easy to search the catalogUSMAI and collect references via EndNote Web, the extensive search functionality of the catalog is lost.
1. Login to EndNote Basic
2. Select Collect tab > Online Search
3. Choose U Maryland
4. Click Connect
5. Input search terms; define search fields
6. Click Search
7. Retrieve results [x] through [x] (choose range)
8. Review results; select results to add to EndNote
While citations can be transferred directly to EndNote Basic by searching the library catalog via EndNote Basic (see Search Catalog/Collect Citations via EndNote Basic below), the extensive search functionality of the catalog is lost. To maintain maximum search functionality, it is recommended that the user export citations from the library catalog and import those citations into EndNote Basic.
1. Use checkboxes to select items in search results list2. Click save/e-mail in options menu along top of results list3. Choose format: RefWorks/EndNote/ProCite4. Click send > confirm (to save file to PC)5. From browser window menu, choose File > Save As (or Save Page As)6. Name file (must include .txt extension in file name if using Firefox browser)8. Choose file location (e.g. Desktop or My Documents)9. Click Save
1. Login to EndNote Basic2. Select Collect tab > Import References3. Click Browse to locate and highlight text file to import4. Click Open5. Choose Import Option: RefMan RIS6. Select the group to import the citations into7. Click Import
Have a question about EndNote Basic? Contact Katy Sullivan at email@example.com or 410-455-3604.