While citations can be transferred directly to EndNote Basic by searching the library catalog via EndNote Basic (see Search Catalog/Collect Citations via EndNote Basic below), the extensive search functionality of the catalog is lost.
To maintain maximum search functionality, it is recommended that the user export citations from the library catalog and import those citations into EndNote Basic.
1. Use checkboxes to select items in search results list
2. Click save/e-mail in options menu along top of results list
3. Choose format: RefWorks/EndNote/ProCite
4. Click send > confirm (to save file to PC)
5. From browser window menu, choose File > Save As (or Save Page As)
6. Name file (must include .txt extension in file name if using Firefox browser)
8. Choose file location (e.g. Desktop or My Documents)
9. Click Save