Log Into ILLiad ILL
NOTE: If you get an error message when trying to log into ILLiad please call the ILL office at 410-455-2341. If the ILL office is closed please contact the Circulation Department at 410-455-2354 or email ILL: email@example.com
Please click on Availabilty of Materials to see what ILL can and cannot borrow for you.
First-Time User Registration
- ILLiad streamlines the way materials are ordered through ILL and allows users to track their requests at any time.
- New users need to register and select a user name and password. After registering you may begin ordering materials through ILL.
Interlibrary Loan Service
- The Interlibrary Loan Service allows patrons to request materials needed for their research, that are not owned by UMBC.
- ILL is available to current UMBC faculty, students and staff.
- Users must be registered at Circulation before ILL requests will be processed.
- Books owned by USMAI libraries (University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions) should be obtained through catalogusmai rather than through ILL.
- Book requests are for short term loans, not for the semester.
- There will be a $4.00 per day fine for overdue ILL materials.
No Textbooks- ILL can not serve as a replacement for purchasing your course textbooks. Requests for titles on the current textbook list will be cancelled.
- ILL does not borrow leisure or recreational reading.
- Please see Availability of Materials
- Although Interlibrary Loan gives you access to many more resources, it may take longer than other means of access. The average delivery time is 5-10 business days. Always start your research early for the best results. You may want to contact the Reference Desk for assistance in locating other in-house or online materials.
Office Hours and Contact Information
Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Phone: (410) 455-2234
OCLC - MUB
Forgot your password?
If you forget your ILLiad password, contact the ILL office between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, and we will assign you a temporary one. Leave a message or send an email over the weekend and we will change your password on the next business day.