When you search any of the library catalogs on the Library homepage you may find ebooks in your search results. To access them follow the instructions below.
WorldCat UMBC will
- search UMBC titles as well as those in libraries worldwide.
- show which libraries own an ebook title: however, please remember that ebooks have limited access and do not circulate to non-affiliated users.
- Note: most, but not all, free, open access ebooks are found in WorldCat UMBC
- From your search results page click on the title of the ebook which takes you to the full record
- Click "Find It."
- In some cases you may be able to click on the ebook full text from here, but in many cases the "Find It" page will say "Not available online". In this case, click on "Check availability in catalogusmai."
- This takes you to the UMBC Library Catalog entry for the ebook, where you click "Find It" once more; this second "Find It" results screen will provide the URL for the ebook.
- Click on that link to see the ebook online.
- Note: At this time WorldCat UMBC may not take you directly to ebooks; you often must detour through the local catalog.
UMBC Library Catalog
Note: normally, free and open access ebooks are not found via the UMBC Library Catalog
- From your search results page click on the title you want
- Click on the "Find It" button to go directly to the ebook.
Note: normally, free and open access ebooks are not found via catalogUSMAI.
- Be sure that you have a UMBC record before clicking on the "Find It" button.
- UMBC users do not have the right to view other campuses' ebooks so you will need to go to the owning library to view the ebook.
To limit your search to just ebooks